AcuRite Color Digital Thermometer with Indoor/Outdoor Temperature and Humidity
Overview: This AcuRite Digital Thermometer features, reliable temperature and humidity readings. Its illustrated color LCD screen displays the current indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity. It also features trend indicator arrows, daily high and low records, moon phase, time and date. The integrated Intelli-Time clock automatically updates itself for Daylight Savings Time(DST). A sleek, stylish display stands upright for tabletop and is also wall-mountable. The outdoor sensor features powerful wireless technology, a weather-resistant design and an integrated hanger for easy mounting. It also comes with a One-year limited warranty.
The key Digital Thermometer Color Display features are:
• Illuminated color display with auto-dimming brightness
• Indoor/Outdoor temperature (degrees Fahrenheit and Celsius) with trend arrows
• Indoor/Outdoor humidity (%RH)
• Moon phase
• Frost icon indicates when temperatures are below freezing
• Intelli-Time clock & Date (month/day/day of week)
• Clock automatically adjusts for Daylight Savings Time (DST)
• Totally wireless tabletop or wall-mountable design
• Indicator for wireless sensor signal strength
• Electric-powered with optional battery backup
The key Wireless Thermometer and Humidity Sensor features are:
• Measures temperature and humidity
• Strong wireless range up to 330 feet (100 meters)
• Transmits data every 16 seconds
• Durable, all-weather construction
• Easy installation includes integrated hanger
This digital thermometer has a very good looking color display and as soon as I put the batteries in, it lit up perfectly and projects a cool vibe on the counter in the kitchen area. The outside temperature is displayed first with the relative humidity below. At a quick glance one can determine if they should wear flip flops or a winter jacket. The frost icon will display when temperatures are below freezing.
The digital clock is clean and bright, while the day of the week is a little tough to read. The stand holds the unit upright and although I don’t need to know the phases of the moon, this still looks cool.
The indoor temperature works great and having the relative humidity for inside the RV is a bonus. Excess moisture in your RV can cause mold to grow, wood to rot, and metallic parts to quickly corrode. You want to keep your inside relative humidity between 30% and 50%, so this feature is really handy.
The packaging states that it requires 5 “AA” batteries, but it is really 2 “AA” and 3 “AAA” batteries. The batteries are a backup power source to preserve records in the event of a power outage and the power adapter is recommended as the primary source to enjoy the full functionality of the product. When traveling, just unplug the unit, place it in a safe location and when back on shore power just plug the unit back in.
All in all, the Acurite Digital Thermometer performs well, looks great and sells for $44.99. Free shipping on US orders over $50 at AcuRite.com.